Thursday, October 16, 2008

America's reaction to the debate last night:

Left-wing: "We're so screwed if McCain is elected."

Right-Wing: "We're so screwed if Obama is elected."

Anyone w/out their head up their ass, and doesn't like the smell of their own bull-shit: "We're screwed no matter what".

I'm sorry, I like Obama and really want to "hope" he can single-handedly save the world, but from experience I find that "hope"in itself isn't enough. There needs to be some steel to his words, and a solid American public instilled with the values that are essential to a strong democracy (education, intellect, work-ethic, open-minds, altruistic motives, a lack of hypocrisy, etc.). Unfortunately, the majority of Americans (on both sides) lost their minds and any real "American values" a long time ago.

Not to mention, Obama is just looking like a smooth talking politician with a seductive voice to me right now. And McCain just looks like an angry, crazed old curmudgeon that will do anything to win.

Yeah, I'm not exactly optimistic, but I'm not exactly pessimistic either. I'm just realistic.

By the way, I'll be posting my short-story soon and the pdf version of my novel "The Land of Lost Dreams". I'm almost set up here in Portland, so I'll have plenty of time to write my next novel too. Yay!

They wanted hope, but the only hope that I could give them was that there is no hope for this world...but life would go on, just not the way you could have ever imagined. The way that you had hoped it would.

No comments: